Virginia Theatre Rules
The Virginia Theatre wants all of their guests to have a safe, fun, and memorable visit during all of their events. Whether you are visiting for a concert, convention, hockey match, or special event, the following are a list of policies and rules that will ensure your safety. Please read and review the following rules and policies.
Part of The Virginia Theatre renovations was to update the venue to be ADA compliant. These ADA features include the following.
- Accessible seating located throughout the venue
- All restrooms are now ADA-compliant and include transfer seating on both levels with wheelchair-accessible seating on the auditorium’s main floor
- Up to 18 wheelchairs can be accommodated with one companion seat available per wheelchair.
- A wheelchair lift for guests that access the stage from the auditorium, a LULA (limited use limited access) elevator allowing access to the downstairs dressing room, and an elevator allowing access to the building’s upstairs lobby and restrooms. (The mezzanine and upper balcony seating is still accessible only via stairs)
- Assisted listening devices are available upon request at the box office. A credit card, driver’s license, or other forms of ID is required
- Sign language interpretation is available for most events, upon request
If you have any questions about Accessibility at The Virginia, please call 217-356-9063.
The Virginia Theatre recommends that guests arrive no later than 45 minutes before their ticketed event time. All shows and events start promptly at the time listed on the program and your ticket. Late arrivals may be asked to wait in the lobby during select concerts, live shows, or events until an appropriate break period. You may call 217-356-9063 for more information
The Virginia Theatre does not allow professional cameras or cameras with long or detachable lenses on the premises. If an event allows cameras, then it will be listed or detailed on the program. You may call 217-356-9063 if you are uncertain about the camera policy for your upcoming ticketed event.
Under no circumstance are audio and video recording devices allowed.
If, for any reason, an event or performance is canceled or rescheduled, please call the box office at 217-356-9063 for more information on possible refunds or rescheduling.
Some shows and events may be age-restricted as described in the event description. Please refer to the event description to see if your upcoming ticketed event is age-restricted or inappropriate for younger children. If your child is disruptive during certain events, the event staff reserves the right to ask you to wait out in the lobby.
Dress Code Policy
There is no dress code for most events at The Virginia. Some patrons dress up, but for most events you can dress for comfort. Please make sure outfits are appropriate for all-ages venues and do not feature offensive language or imagery.
If an event requires more formal attire, it will be listed in the event description. You may call the Virginia Theatre box office at 217-356-9063 if you have any questions.
Lost and Found Policy
Lost an item at an event? You can ask event staff for help with finding the lost and found service. You can also call the box office at 217-356-9063. Please be prepared to leave your full name, contact information, and a detailed description of your lost item. The Virginia Theatre does not claim responsibility for your lost possessions.
To guarantee that everyone has a safe and enjoyable visit to the Virginia Theatre, certain items are prohibited. Please review the partial list of prohibited items below. All guests are subject to search at the discretion of event staff and any illegal or prohibited items may result in expulsion from the venue, disposal/confiscation of prohibited items, or any other response deemed appropriate by the event staff. If you have any questions, please call 217-356-9063 for more information.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, skates, Segways, golf carts or other unauthorized means of transportation
- Bullhorns and noisemakers
- Cameras with detachable lenses or attached lenses longer than 3 inches (Camera policies are dictated by the artist and are subject to change on a show-by-show basis)
- Camera tripods, GoPros, and selfie sticks
- Distribution of unauthorized promotional or commercial material
- Outside food and beverage
- Laser pointers
- Fireworks, explosives or other incendiary devices
- Glass or metal containers of any style
- Illegal substances
- Items that may be deemed a safety hazard or annoyance to participants or guests (balls, frisbees, balloons projectiles, horns, radios, bells, whistles, musical instruments, Hula Hoops, etc.)
- Video cameras, GoPros, audio recording devices, and tripods; no video recording will be allowed including Ipads and tablets
- Weapons of any kind, including guns, knives, pepper spray anything that management determines to be potentially injurious or may otherwise affect the safety of other guests or the performance of the event
Smoking is strictly prohibited inside Virginia Theatre as well as within 20 ft of all entrances and exit points. You may call Virginia Theatre at 217-356-9063 to ask if designated smoking spaces are available.
Virginia Theatre does not offer refunds, returns, or exchanges. Please be sure that you make sure you select a show or viewing that meets your schedule. If an event or show is canceled for any reason, please call 217-356-9063 to ask about refunds or rescheduling.